Not Boom but THIS film was supposed to be the Bollywood debut of birthday girl Katrina Kaif - News Report U.S

First of all the news

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Monday, July 15, 2019

Not Boom but THIS film was supposed to be the Bollywood debut of birthday girl Katrina Kaif

Katrina Kaif, the most adorable actress of Bollywood, is celebrating her 36th birthday today. The Zero actress, who enjoys humongous fanbase across the globe, has given several blockbusters like Dhoom 2, the Tiger franchise and recently released Bharat. While Katrina is currently enjoying the megastar status, she didn't exactly have easy entry in Bollywood. Katrina faced heavy criticism for her debut Bollywood film, Boom. The venture was produced by Jackie Shroff's wife Ayesha Shroff and turned out to be a box office dud.

But here s a surprising fact about Katrina s Bollywood career, Boom was not supposed to be her debut movie! Rather, Mahesh Bhatt's Saaya, starring John Abraham was to mark Katrina s entry in films. However, she was dropped from the project after two days of shoot, because she couldn't speak in Hindi at all. Narrating the incident, Katrina stated that it was Salman Khan who strongly believed in her, she had said in an earlier interview, He (Salman Khan) always had a lot of belief in me. I was to be a part of the movie Saaya. Anurag Basu was the director, John Abraham was the hero and I was cast in the film. I was called one night for a shot. It was a silent shot, that too I was playing a ghost. It was a passing shot. After shooting for two days, I was told I am chucked out. When I left the room, I started crying, I was bawling my eyes out.

She further added, Sometime in the day, I met Salman and I'm weeping, and he's just laughing. I started to think he's so mean. I'm thinking my career is over and I've been chucked out from my first film and it's the end of my life and he's laughing? He finally gave in and calmed me down saying, you don't understand, this doesn't mean anything. I know where you're going to go from here, these things happen, I don't have an answer but these things happen, you'll see. Just keep your focus and work hard. Sticking to Salman s advice, Katrina has indeed focused on her work and come a long way to establish herself as a leading B-town actress. Interestingly, Katrina s last hit was with Salman.

Up next, Katrina Kaif will be seen in Akshay Kumar's Sooryavanshi. The film is produced under the banners of Dharma Productions along with Cape of Good Films and Rohit Shetty Picturez. Akshay Kumar is playing the character of kickass ATS (Anti-Terrorist Squad) chief Veer Sooryavanshi in the film. It is scheduled to hit the screens on March 27, 2020.

So, are you excited about Sooryavanshi? Tweet to us @bollywood_life



from Bollywood News and Gossip | Bollywood Movie Reviews, Songs and Videos | Bollywood Actress and Actors Updates | Bollywoodlife.com https://ift.tt/2lDKazP
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages